- TBug_Constitution_Final.pdfWe are pleased to present our constitution. This document represents the vision for TBUG as voted in at the Junes 2009 Public Meeting.
- TBUG_Strat_Plan_2009-10.pdfWe are pleased to present our strategy plan. This document represents the vision for TBUG as voted in at the Junes 2009 Public Meeting.
TBUG launches new Launceston City Cycling Map
Our new map is a great way to cycle around Launceston. For the first time, all the off and on road bike trails and bike lanes are displayed in one simple and easy-to- read map. Get yours today at local cafes and various other spots around town. Or you can download it here. Thanks to the City of Launceston for their support.
TBUG argues for more appropriate sentencing
We have recently made a submission to the state government arguing for more consistency in the sentencing of drivers who injure or kill cyclists. Recently there have been some tragic examples of drivers injuring or killing cyclists and receiving inadequate sentences. Download our submission here
TBUG Voice builds a better bike city
Making Launceston more bike friendly is the key task of the Pedestrian and Bike Committee of Council (PBC). TBUG has two seats on PBC. Thus we have a strong voice in how cycling in Launceston evolves. The two reps are myself and Malcolm Cowan. Follow our reports on the newsletter and let us know if you want anything raised. Malcolm Reid firstname.lastname@example.org
"Like" us on Facebook
For current news and events check us out on Facebook - Tamar Bicycle Users Group
Road Rules Relating To Bike Lanes
With new bike lanes and infrastructure being deployed throughout Launceston at the moment, now is a good time brush up on the rules. Below is an excerpt of some of the Road Rules specifically related to cycling. Remember to check www.thelaw.tas.gov.au for more/updat
View Our Events On A Map
In case you're new to the area or are getting lost, you can now view the location of any of our events on a map! Just visit the Calendar page and click on an event to view its details. Read more...
The management committee oversees the running of TBUG and provides direction for subcommittees. Everyone is welcome at committee meetings, and if you would like to take on a role, please contact us.
- Malcolm Reid
- Minutes Secretary
- Liz Ling
- Public Officer
- Emily Goss
- Di McHenry
- Treasurer & Member Services
- Alan Johnston
- Activities Coordinator
- Sue Walker Bike Shop Liaison
- Malcolm Reid
- Representatives on Launceston City Council Bicycle & Pedestrian Committee
- Malcolm Reid, Malcolm Cowan
- Representative on West Tamar Council Community Road Safety Partnership (CRSP)
- Malcolm Cowan
- Representative on West Tamar Highway Safety Committee
- Sue Walker
- Representative on Tasmanian Bicycle Council
- Malcolm Reid
- General Committee Members
- Meg Lade
- Christine Bowman
- Anna Povey
- Mandy Millar